The performance of the graphical template and editing tools
LorikCartographer and DBCartographer modules are dedicated to interactive design but the graphical template is the backbone of the modules and is embedded in all the components of the LorikSoftware suite. By integrating Bézier curve in the graphical engine, the accuracy of data symbolization outperforms any other GIS software.
The color scheme integrated in the software enables to devise a graphic template to meet your design but can also apply to any specialized graphic templates (military, navy, etc…).
- CMYK, RGB or grayscale
- Customized colors to save color settings
- Creation of color gradients (linear, radial or shape) applicable to surfaces or lines
- Partial or full knockout and transparency
- Selective masking for text or other objects
- Export of customized printing films (direct tint, Red Light, etc…)
The curve types defined in the template are an overlay of basic curves with different width, color and style. They can contain up to six strokes and a background color.
- Up to 6 linear strokes are available to define a single vector with parameters to define width, color and line style (dashed, dotted or standard).
- Asymmetric curve to obtain various displays for the parts above or below the curve axis
- Priority to define the display order in the drawing stack
- Automatic crossings
- Advanced graphic options for line endings or corners
- Fill options: hatching, pattern, symbols on line, raster and hole management
When you need to draw a complex road, a highway can be made of three different colors for example, only one vector is needed, the others being automatically displayed thanks to the graphic template attributes.
A text type is a set of text attributes referenced by a name, classified by family and arranged in a list. LorikSoftware uses Unicode, TTF, OpenFont and ATM fonts and also supports any language (such as Arabic, Cyrillic, Greek, Thai, etc…).
- Background and outline color
- Transformation settings (size, font size, alternative font)
- Option to create frames
- Option to interrupt the drawing of the support curve (for contour lines for example)
- Specific option for managing marine soundings
A text can be placed as
- Text on curve: the text follows the shape of its supporting curve
- Flat text: the text is placed according to an insertion point
- Flat text on curve: the text is placed according to an insertion point calculated on a support curve
- Text block: the text is placed in a rectangle box used as a limit
For more information, see the page ” cartographic technology ” dedicated to text placement.
A symbol is a set of curves forming a group that can be placed multiple times. Symbols can be created using the following options:
- Interactive drawing using types
- From images
- From a data import (CAD, PDF, etc.)
Symbols are placed according to an insertion point. LorikSoftware provides a large number of features to solve symbol placement conflicts when importing data. Modification, deletion, substitution can be performed on a set of symbols of the same type in a single operation. Rotation and zoom display can be directly defined for a symbol and/or interactively modified after placement.
Even more with the advanced symbolization of the objects of the graphic template
Use of accurate gradients is available on both curves and surfaces.
Define one or several strokes. The largest one is displayed on top of the list. The additional stroke are successively superposed.
Strokes are calculated starting from the median. Each stroke is drawn over (on the left) or under (on the right) the median, according to the drawing direction of the curve.
Define a specific behavior for the segment angles: standard, rounded or cut.
Define a specific behavior for the extremities of the curves: standard, rounded or squared.
Text on curves vertical line spacing
Define the offset between text baseline and supporting curve.
Applied on both ends of the curve, on the end of the curve or according to a junction parameter, here on the “free endings”
Symbols on curves processing
There are three types of symbol placement on curves, standard, at angular points and at the center of the curve.
Symbols on curves advanced processing
There are several options to refine the symbolization of symbols on curves. Possibility to hide the support curve, to position the symbols only at the beginning and/or at the end of the curve, possibility to add several symbols to build a pattern while managing the spacing and shifting of the symbols, positioning, etc…
Endless number of possibilities for the creation of the patterns
With the power of the template engine, it is possible to create fully customizable patterns using the symbols of your template and the available parameters of placement and repetition.